- selected a subtle tone-on-tone pattern background paper
- inked edges and layered paper
- matted and pop dotted the photo
- chose woodgrain Thickers
- adhered stickers with raised adhesive
- placed the heart behind negative space
- sprinkled little Twinkle Goosebumps
- finished with hand stitching
When doing this kind of work, I strive to achieve a balance between flat and dimensional elements, making sure they overlap by layering on top and tucking behind. That's my example, but there are plenty more in the article here.
Debbie Hodge has added a new element to Masterful Scrapbook Design, the membership site. Now the guest teachers not only sit down for hour-long individual interviews, they also spend another hour online with you taking a look at your pages and even providing feedback if you want. Here is a short video excerpt. One of my layouts is critiqued, it's the last one on the video. I hope you'll go check this out!